Our mission is to change lives through challenge and discovery.
How We Achieve Our Mission
- We deliver our world renowned experiential learning programs to people of all ages and all walks of life.
- We help our students to discover that ‘there is more in them then they thought.’
- We help our students to discover a strength of character, ability to lead and desire to serve.
- We help our students to have a positive impact on their lives and the lives of those around them.
- We employ a diverse and compassionate staff of highly trained, skilled and dedicated instructors, facilitators and educators through a national network of regional Schools.
- We partner with educational institutions, businesses, civic organizations and parents to serve all who wish to participate.
- We seek innovative ways to apply our Educational Framework to address emerging social needs.
- That’s how Outward Bound has used challenge and discovery to change lives and prepare people to be capable, compassionate and engaged leaders since our founding in the U.S. in 1962.
We teach to and work by these values
—Demonstrating concern and acting with a spirit of respect and generosity in service to others.
—Acting with honesty, being accountable for your decisions and actions.
—Being your best self, pursuing craftsmanship in your actions, and living a healthy and balanced life.
Inclusion and Diversity
—Valuing and working to create communities representative of our society that support and respect differences.
Voyageur Outward Bound School actively seeks to serve diverse students through recruiting, affiliations, dedicated scholarships and community programs.